Over the past eight years, the Angkor Wat Bike4Kids! event has fund-raised over US$170,000 net proceeds, used to support children in Cambodia – this simply could not have been done without the generous help and dedication from our bike race & ride participants.
Our aim has always been to identify partners with local knowledge, expertise and integrity to ensure that hard-earned funds are used in the most cost-effective and suitable ways. Below is a list of just some of the projects the race has had a hand in helping:
- M’Lop Tapang – NGO working with street children, Sihanoukville
- Epic Arts - A disability arts focused charity, Kampot
- Recourse Development International – A sustainable livelihood & community development NGO, Prey Veng
- Mango Tree Garden School – A non-formal education school located in a disadvantaged area, Sihanoukville
- Hearts of Gold Landmine Victims – NGO working with land mine victims across Cambodia, (Nationwide)
- Young Bamboo Shoots – A school that serves the children living in the slum area in Northwest Cambodia, Battambang
- Empowering Youth Cambodia – Operates 4 schools in the slum communities in the capital, Phnom Penh
- The Cambodian Center for Protection of Childens Rights – Safe house for victims of trafficking, Phnom Penh
- Il Nodo – Works with mothers & children born into prisons across Cambodia, (Nationwide)
It is our wish to continue to help grow this event so that it can become a driving force behind grassroots change in Cambodia.